Cascadia 4X4 T2 Tacoma (2005-2015) VSS (Vehicle Solar System)
THE WORLD'S FIRST VEHICLE SPECIFIC HOOD-MOUNTED SOLAR PANEL SYSTEM.
Note: For regular hood ONLY (non-hoodscoop)
- 90 watts of energy on the hood of your Toyota Tacoma from a solar panel that's only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
- Durable marine-grade solar panel construction. The panel is made from 8 laminated layers consisting of a Dupont™ Tedlar® backsheet and high tech polymers allowing it to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
- Plug-and-play MPPT solar charge controller. This waterproof unit mounts in the engine bay and is highly resistant to heat and vibration. It automatically controls how much electricity reaches the battery and prevents overcharging. The charge controller has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in setting up the VSS System™.
- The custom cut vinyl base sheet protects the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
- Factory-like appearance. The VSS System™ follows the contours and edges of the Tacoma's hood perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
- We add strips of 3M neoprene foam to the base of each panel. This high density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle's paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
- Final assembly and quality control is done at our Canadian production facility to ensure that every VSS System™ functions perfectly. At Cascadia 4x4 we stand behind the quality of our products.
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?
Each panel comes with a full perimeter of pre-installed high temperature 3M VHB tape. We spend time sanding, cleaning and prepping each panel to make sure that the tape has a solid bond to the panel. This tape then mounts safely to your hood without damaging the paint.
We highly recommend that the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ is paired with our vehicle specific vinyl base sheet which sits under the solar panel. The vinyl mounts onto the hood of your vehicle in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied. The vinyl acts as a moisture and debris barrier to protect the underlying paint.
Note: The VSS System™ takes 1.5 hrs to install and must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F).
WILL THE VSS SYSTEM WORK WITH MY BATTERY?
The MPPT charge controller included in our complete kits is programmed to charge a wide variety of battery types. Our system will work with AGM, Lead-Acid and Gel Cell type batteries.
*Cascadia 4X4 does not recommend the use of Optima batteries with the VSS systems.
CAN IT BE REMOVED?
Once installed the VSS system is not designed to be removed from the vehicle. The solar panel can be removed only if absolutely necessary. ie. the panel needs to be replaced.