PowerBrake X-Line 4x4 Stage 1 Big Brake Kit
0 in stock
PowerBrake X-Line 4x4 Stage 1 Big Brake Kit
Available in Red or Grey Calipers!
X-Line 4x4 Big Brake Kit STAGE 1
- X-Line billet 6-piston off-road calipers.
- High-performance brake pads, pre-loaded into the calipers.
- 1-Piece 350x34mm 48-vane discs.
- Curved, directional cooling vanes.
- Billet caliper mounting brackets.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines.
- All necessary mounting hardware for quick, easy bolt-on installation.
- Comprehensive fitment and bed-in instructions.
- Powerbrake believes strongly in the benefits of machining the multi-piston calipers from solid billet. All of the championship-winning X-Line and R-Line race calipers are machined from high-grade aerospace aluminum billets, and Powerbrake has chosen to manufacture the X-Line 4x4 range from the same material. Machining from billet is admittedly an expensive way to manufacture calipers but it results in a finished product that exhibits exceptional levels of strength and rigidity. How does Powerbrake bring the billet X-Line 4x4 calipers to the market at such competitive prices? Through significant investment in state-of-the-art 5-axis CNC production equipment that allows us to machine the calipers with maximum efficiency. The fact that Powerbrake machine all of the calipers from billet, matched to the FEA enhanced caliper designs themselves, results in calipers with an impressive rigidity to overall size ratio. The slim profile of the calipers reduces un-sprung weight and aids with wheel clearance.
Caliper Surface Finish
- The X-Line 4x4 calipers are available in two finish options. Either a Red anodize (type-2) or a Dark Grey hard anodize (type-3). The anodize dyes used for the Red finish have been carefully selected to offer the maximum UV and temperature resistance to ensure long-term color retention. The Dark Grey hard anodize is the most durable finish and is the finish that Powerbrake uses on all of the R-Line off-road race calipers.
- All other caliper hardware components (including pad retaining pins, bleed screws, and pad abutments) are manufactured from stainless steel to ensure the highest levels of corrosion resistance.
- The 1-piece discs used in the (Stage-1) X-Line 4x4 big brake kits are cast from a proprietary high-carbon cast iron alloy that provides excellent durability and stability under the high thermal loads experienced under fast-street or off-road driving. The discs feature 48 x curved, directional cooling vanes. The design significantly increases cooling vane surface area and airflow when compared to factory / OEM disc designs, resulting in vastly improved cooling. The slot pattern chosen for the X-Line 4x4 discs is the well-proven “AT” slot pattern that provides a good balance between functional aspects such as efficient removal of sand, mud, and water (when driving in the rain or after river crossings) and practical aspects such as low levels of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) under braking. The slot pattern also provides good bite and release characteristics. Every single Powerbrake disc is measured for run-out and disc thickness variation (DTV) using Swiss measuring equipment. When it comes to QC, there is no batch or statistical quality checking of Powerbrake discs. Every single disc is measured. The machining tolerances are up to three times tighter than the industry norm.
Disc Surface Coating
- All the X-Line 4x4 disc rings are coated with a proprietary black surface coating. The discs are chemically de-greased before the application of this coating to ensure that no machining fluids or other contaminants that can be absorbed the brake pads and negatively affect brake performance are present on the discs at all. The coating is able to withstand extremely high temperatures and is flexible enough to expand and contract without flaking or peeling off of the disc surface during the constant thermal expansion and contraction cycles experienced by the brake disc. The X-Line 4x4 discs require no cleaning or preparation using solvents at all. Simply ensure that the car's hub is clean and fits the discs as they come out of the box. The black coating will be removed by the brake pads in the pad track areas within the first 4-5 brake applications. The un-swept areas of the disc will remain coated. While the disc coating was primarily designed to ensure that there was zero presence of oils and contaminants on the disc surfaces at the time of fitting (and was not in fact designed to provide corrosion protection), practical experience has shown that the non-swept areas of the coated X-Line 4x4 discs will in fact resist the common formation of unsightly surface rust on the non-swept areas of the discs quite well (depending on environmental conditions in your area). This results in a far more visually appealing assembly visible through the car's wheels
Some products may not have shipping available through the website and will require you to contact us for more details.