10 in stock
What is a Tune?
A tune is a rewrite of your vehicle’s Engine Control Unit (ECU). Using state-of-the-art computer software, a flash cable, and proprietary tuning files catered to your vehicle’s specs, we can modify the contents of the data on your vehicle’s computer.
Why does your Toyota need tuning?
Simply put, because you can get more out of your vehicle! The Toyota vehicles we tune all suffer from varying degrees of frustrating shifting (often described as “gear hunting”), lack of power, and terrible throttle response. These three issues alone are, at a minimum, enough to make your daily driving frustrating. In some cases, it’s enough to make you want to sell the vehicle outright. Don’t give up on your Toyota! It’s one of the most reliable vehicles on the road, and we can help give it the excellent drivability you always wanted (and expected).
Experience. Formed in June of 2020, YotaWerx Tuning (YWT) is a partnership of Toyota enthusiasts based out of El Paso, TX. They were one of the first companies to offer flash services of the OrangeVirus (OV) tune. As OV (now vF Tuner) transitioned the company away from building tunes to focusing on creating industry-leading software, this paved the way for YWT to build its own enhanced, branded tunes. They started off by creating one of the best (if not THE best during its time) manual transmission tunes for the 3rd Generation Tacoma 3.5L, which they named Coyoza. This was so popular that it was sold off to a competitor and today, YWT offers its flagship YotaWerx tunes in various flavors: Active Duty, Weekend Warrior, and Stryker. These tunes are meant to provide a strong, smooth driving experience without compromising superior drivability and reliability. We know that there are multiple “other” branded tunes on the market. YWT may not be the loudest, but they separate themselves from the rest with a commitment to customer support across their network and are quietly building an army of customers who stand by the quality and effectiveness of YotaWerx tunes.
Tune Driving Styles [NON SUPERCHARGED]
- Weekend Warrior is "generally" more conservative and intended for stock or close to stock trucks and/or more casual and relaxed drivers/driving styles.
- The WW tune versions also tend to offer a bit easier throttle control for some people in technical off-road scenarios, although there are those who feel the AD version suits them well.
- Active Duty is "generally" the opposite, for more aggressive drivers and/or heavily modified vehicles with significant additional weight.
- Obviously not everyone fits into these categories perfectly, some may prefer a tune that caters to a driving style that you otherwise may not expect
- WW vs AD is usually a throttle response difference but sometimes incorporates shift logic differences, depending on vehicle.
- All tunes can be configured to run with either regular or premium fuel.
Tune Driving Styles [SUPERCHARGED]
- Stryker is a more relaxed throttle response compared to Stryker +
- Stryker vs Stryker+ follows the same general theme as Weekend Warrior vs. Active Duty.
Tunes can only be done in the local CALGARY AB Area
Typical Tune Visit:
Morning/First Visit - Visit our shop and get vehicle scanned to confirm the necessary information to make the tune happen. (VIN and ECU ID) - Typically this can be done in under an hour depending on tech availability.
Afternoon/Second Visit - Once we have confirmed your vehicle specific information we can then generate the proper tune file for application and then we flash it to your ECU. - This typically takes 1 hour at most once we have the tune file created.
Please plan for 3-4 Hours or leave the vehicle with our team overnight. To give us time to properly asses your vehicle and tune it. We also have customer that prefer to visit us in 2 trips to make the tune happen.
Vehicles with Current YotaWerx Tune Support:
- 2016+ Tacoma 3.5L NA
- 2016+ Tacoma 3.5L with Magnuson Supercharger
- 2010-2023 4Runner 4.0L
- 2005-09 4Runner 4.7L VVTI
- 2007-2021 Tundra 5.7L NA *
- 2010+ Lexus GX460 *
- 2005-2009 Lexus GX470 4.7L VVTI *
* May have some ECU versions requiring confirmation of support availability
In-development & Planned development:
- 2010-2023 4Runner 4.0L with Magnuson supercharger
- 2005-2015 Tacoma 4.0L NA
- 2005-2015 Tacoma 4.0L with Magnuson supercharger
- 2007-2021 Tundra 5.7L with Magnuson supercharger (TVS1900, TVS2650)
* Development list does not necessarily reflect full planned project list
Some products may not have shipping available through the website and will require you to contact us for more details.